flex-users mailing list archives

From <step...@mymessage.us>
Subject Re: Is Captcha needed in Flex application?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:56:28 GMT
With sikuli you can automate flash, we use it for testing. I don't see why it cannot be used
maliciously

Sent from Windows Mail

From: modjklist@comcast.net
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎September‎ ‎24‎, ‎2013 ‎7‎:‎42‎ ‎PM
To: users@flex.apache.org

Just curious on the conventional wisdom whether Captcha is required in Flex desktop web applications,
or if something inherent in Flex/Flash plug-in means that bots in the web cannot auto-complete
user login forms (e.g. username and password) or other forms. I haven't really seen too much
for Captcha type components in Flex (is it unnecessary)?

Currently my user login requests an email and password, and for new accounts, requires the
user to click on a link to validate his or her email address before registering that user
as a valid person. Is that sufficient?