flex-users mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject Re: New Date issues
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:45:59 GMT
On 12/09/2013 09:22, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Whenever we want a date to mean a particular day, we set the hours to 12, which almost
always solves the problem with out too many changes.
> Given a limited range of time zones that should work.
>
> You may still have to be careful if your application is used world wide eg take New Zealand
Australia (+12) and USA West Cost (-8) and there's a 20 hour time difference.

Yeah, it's a safety net only really - but in our case everything is
mediated by a server in UTC so the two extremes are never directly
compared on the client, and both should agree on the days between dates.

Tom