flex-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: 4.10.0 Maven Artifacts
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:51:33 GMT
Most Projects don't rely on libs with licenses not allowing to publish.

The Problem is that Flex relys on the FlashPlayer and Air runntime. This belongs to Adobe
and Adobe doesn't give us the permission to publish the airglobal and playerglobal libs. Users
would still have to manually download and deploy them which would probably cause quite a bit
of Trouble with users new to Flex and Maven. Thats why we decided to pick up a complete FDK
for which a user has allready accepted the Adobe licenses and to mavenize this in one step.
I think the Installer Guys are currently working on integrating the Mavenizer into the installer,
to make things even easier.

Chris

Von: Matt Hughes [hughes.matt@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. September 2013 13:11
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: 4.10.0 Maven Artifacts

What is the reason for not publishing the artifacts to central or at
least Apache's Maven repo?  It's great that there is a tool, but most
Apache projects publish their artifacts.

On Sep 9, 2013, at 3:55 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Yes, the mavenizer was built exactly for that.
>
> If you want to build your Flex application with Maven, you should use the Version 6.0.1
of Flexmojos, which was modified to work with the new mavenized FDKs.