flex-users mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limit Blendmode to 1 layer
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:42:03 GMT
Sorry, but I wrote that backwards. First you draw the outside rect and then the inside one…

On Sep 1, 2013, at 2:39 PM, Harbs wrote:

> The drawing is not very difficult. You'd do something like this:
>
> //given four points for your inside rectangle and assuming that your outside one is the
full width and height of the object
> g.clear();
> g.beginFill(0x6600066,0.5);// make it whatever color you want...
> g.moveTo(p1.x,p1.y)
> g.lineTo(p2.x,p2.y);
> g.lineTo(p3.x,p3.y);
> g.lineTo(p4.x,p4.y);
> g.lineTo(p1.x,p1.y);
> // draw your outside rect
> g.drawRect(0,0,width,height);
> g.endFill();
>
> On Sep 1, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Harbs wrote:
>
>> Do you mean something like the image cropping mechanism here?
>> https://printui.com/web-to-print-demo-step-1.php
>>
>> It works with a rectangle mask with a hole punched out of it. It's redrawn every
time updateDisplayList is called. As you can see, performance is fine…

>> Harbs
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2013, at 1:20 AM, Ben Smeets wrote:
>>

>>> I know Maurice, I think the principle you showed me is indeed the only
>>> way to go. Will try and apply some updateDisplayList in combination with
>>> some Rectangle calculations (join/union/intersect/etc.) to see if I can
>>> get it working while keeping it performant. Maybe it's less hard then I
>>> think.
>>>
>>> The custom shaders were a no-go like you said. Did a quick test but the
>>> performance was way off. Too bad.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Ben

of images, I would suggest not to use custom shaders, as they will never be as fast as native
FlashPlayer (blendmode or masking)

do the same, but I can't help you on that. Let me know if you find something.

it could work all right, it would mean a lot of manual calculations. Doable, but I was hoping
for something using blendmodes. The extra challenge I may not have mentioned before, is that
it's not just 1 image that is placed, but theoretically unlimited. So that would mean creating
the rects for each image separately. Doable though, so I'm keeping it in mind. Thanks!

I sent you. So here is a sample tested app that does what you need, in pure mxml: The file
"Koala.jpg" is a sample 200x200 jpeg. The image is not draggable of course, but it's correctly
masked (0.3 red colorized) outside of the central white area. Try it and let me know. <?xml
version="1.0"?> <s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009 [1]" xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
backgroundColor="gray" > <s:Rect id="areaRect" left="100" top="100" right="100" bottom="100">
<s:fill> <s:SolidColor color="white" alpha="1"/> </s:fill> </s:Rect>
<s:Group id="offMaskGrp" left="0" top="0" bottom="0" right="0"> <s:Rect id="leftStrip"
left="0" top="0" bottom="0" width="100"> <s:fill> <s:SolidColor alpha="0"/>
</s:fill> </s:Rect> <s:Rect id="topStrip" left="100" top="0" right="100" height="100">
<s:fill> <s:SolidColor alpha="0"/> </s:fill> </s:Rect> <s:Rect
id="rightStrip" top="0" bottom="0" right=
>>> "0"
>>> width="100"> <s:fill> <s:SolidColor alpha="0"/> </s:fill>
</s:Rect> <s:Rect id="bottomStrip" left="100" bottom="0" right="100" height="100">
<s:fill> <s:SolidColor alpha="0"/> </s:fill> </s:Rect> </s:Group>
<s:Group id="draggable" left="50" top="50"> <s:BitmapImage source="@Embed('/embedded/Koala.jpg')"
/> <s:Rect id="offRect" left="0" top="0" right="0" bottom="0" mask="{offMaskGrp}">
<s:fill> <s:SolidColor color="red" alpha="0.3"/> </s:fill> </s:Rect>
</s:Group> </s:Application> Regards, Maurice -----Message d'origine----- De :
Ben Smeets [mailto:ben@okapion.com] Envoyé : mardi 27 août 2013 09:30 À : users@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: Limit Blendmode to 1 layer Tnx Maurice, Will try to come up with something working
using your tips. If I do, I'll let you know. @Alex: I tried the Pbj shader as well, but it
completely kills performance :( (as in, macbook lifting off into space with it's fan). Ben
On 27 aug. 2013, at 09:15, Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote
>>> : Option
>>> 1) is not such complex math. You can use globalTolLocal and localToGlobal to
help for conversions. Option2) you can get both red and alpha, because the hole only acts
as a mask, and it´s the overlay rect that has the red fill with alpha. I am in vacation,
without my pc, so i can't send you any code that i have tested until next week... Regards
Maurice ________________________________________ De : Ben Smeets [ben@okapion.com] Envoyé
: lundi 26 août 2013 23:08 À : users@flex.apache.org Objet : Re: Limit Blendmode to 1 layer
Tnx Maurice, Option 1 is something I thought about. Doable, but complex math. It's what triggered
me to find help for a different approach though. Option 2 is the road I'm at now. I have the
hole. The challenge is, that I would like the parts outside the "shape layer" to be red instead
of alpha. So masking (not sure) is not something that'll work. That's how I got to the blendmodes.
E.g. making the layer on top (with the hole inside) red and blended. The
>>> only
>>> thing I'm still left with, is that that top layer will also colorize everything
below the image (the thing I only need to be colorized). Either way what we come up with,
It already helpes knowing that my current approach is not entirely crazy, tnx :) Ben On 26
aug. 2013, at 22:03, Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote: Ok, i think
i understood: the part of the dragged image that gets off the square dragging area needs to
be colorized. Assuming my understanding is correct, I would do it either of two ways: 1) programmatic
While the image is dragged around, determine the area that is off bounds and draw a semi-transparent
rectangle ( in updateDisplayList) in. That area 2) mxml Add an overlay rect the size and position
of the dragged image, with alpha fill ( put them in the same s:group) Create an area that
corresponds to the off-bounds area, ie the background rectangle with a hole corresponding
to the square white rectangle, and use it as a mask ( mask property)
>>> to the
>>> overlay rectangle. That way , the overlay rectangle will be drawn only where
the mask is ON. However, perfromance may be impacted when using large masks, so i definitely
prefer the programmatic way. Hope this helps Maurice ________________________________________