flex-users mailing list archives

From Tintin <1955.mille.mig...@googlemail.com>
Subject Spark VideoDisplay Control Conundrum
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:56:23 GMT
Hello

I am developing an application (Flash Builder 4.7) with a MVP approach to
its architecture. I have an mxml Application component in my 'View' which
comprises a Spark VideoDisplay and a Spark HSlider.

The VideoDisplay should display, but not autoPlay, an flv movie which has
been created at 1 frame per second with every frame a key frame. I simply
want the HSlider to 'scrub' my movie but cannot figure out how to
communicate the HSliders position to the VideoDisplay component.

The 'change' event on my HSlider calls a function in the Slider_Presenter
which obtains the HSlider's 'value' property value. Using this I thought I
could set a property in my Slider_Presenter and bind a property controlling
the VideoDisplay playhead position, but it seems not to be. There is a
'seek' method on the VideoDisplay but I can't see how to use this.

As you can see I don't want to place all my code in my 'View'. I want my
'View' to pass back the user interaction to my 'Presenter' and I want this
event handling to drive the VideoDisplay position through binding.
Alternatively could I bind one mxml component directly with the other in the
'View'?

Any advice very welcome.

Chris