flex-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Ward-Karet <...@tanium.com>
Subject Re: how to access shared resource using source path in FlashBuilder? Is it even possible?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 02:53:02 GMT
The way you have it now, I think you need to use:

	xmlns:components="src.Styles.components.*"
	 <fx:Style source="src.Styles/MyStyles.css"/>
	<fx:Script source="src.Styles/MyStyleConstants.as"/>

If I were you, instead of linking 'MyLinkedFolder' in the source path, I'd use 'MyLinkedFolder/src'.

On Aug 14, 2013, at 7:38 PM, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:

> I have a workspace with two projects. I wish one project to use some styles and components
from the other project. I'm using FlashBuilder 4.6 with 4.5.1 SDK.

> To do this I followed these instructions for sharing resources:
>
> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-120529f3137a1e031d6-7ffe.html#WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-120529f3137a1e031d6-7fed
>
> To summarize, I did:
>
>    Add an external resource folder to the source path:
>    1. Select the project in the Package Explorer.
>    2. Select Project > Properties > Flex Build Path
>    3. On the build path properties page, select the Source Path tab.
>    4. Click the Add Folder button.
>    5. Enter or and browse to the folder’s path, and click OK.
>       The folder is added to the source path.
>
> I can see the linked resource (e.g. folder is MyLinkedFolder) in FlashBuilder's package
explorer, which shows:

>    MyProjectName
>       [source path] MyLinkedFolder
>           src
>              Styles
>                  MyStyleConstants.as
>                  MyStyles.css
>        src
>            (default package)
>                Main.mxml
>
> Inside Main.mxml, I wish to access the files `MyStyleConstants.as` and `MyStyles.css`.
I have the following code, which gives errors in both cases saying it can't find the files:

>    <s:Application xmlns:components="MyLinkedFolder.src.com.mydomain.components.*"
....>
>        <fx:Style source="MyLinkedFolder/src/Styles/MyStyles.css"/>
>        <fx:Script source="MyLinkedFolder/src/Styles/MyStyleConstants.as"/>
>    </s:Application>
>
> Also, I wish to use the components located in MyLinkedFolder as shown above using `xmlns:components`,
which also gives error saying it can't find the file.

> Any idea how to connect the shared resource to the current project? Thanks in advance
for any comments.