flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: Scale flex application
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:22:01 GMT
Hi
   Not much I can add to this group, these chaps know there stuff, thisis what i use

                 protected function resizeApplication():void {
                         if (!systemManager) return;

                         var visibleWidth:Number = systemManager.getVisibleApplicationRect().width;
                         var visibleHeight:Number = systemManager.getVisibleApplicationRect().height;

                         // if the visible area is less than our content then scale down

                         if (visibleHeight < 768 ||
                                 visibleWidth < 1024) {
                                 var smallestScale:Number =     Math.min(visibleHeight/768,
visibleWidth/1024);
                                 appHolder.scaleX = smallestScale;
                                 appHolder.scaleY = smallestScale;
                         }

                         else {
                                 appHolder.scaleY = 1;
                                 appHolder.scaleX = 1;
                         }
                 }

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPad

On 19 Aug 2013, at 21:14, "Pierre Rodrigue GTinc." <pierre.rodrigue@gestiontraiteur.com>
wrote:

> I'm new to flex, and I search a way to scale entire flex application (or a
> function àuser can zoom with slider the application in the browser to fit).
> My application is 1024x 768, good fit on laptop but on the big screen, is
> too small.
>

> On my computer the  crtl+ or ctrl- work well to zoom on explorer and chrome
> (but on some others computers this function not working on flash??
>
> Other way, when I use the zoom in the flash context menu, it is to big and
> not fit in the windows.
>

> I try this function , but not working when the windows increase.
>

> <s:Application  addedToStage="stretchHandler()"/>
>

>                  private function stretchHandler():void{
>
>                        stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.SHOW_ALL;
>
>                        stage.align = StageAlign.TOP;
>
>                        this.width = stage.stageWidth;
>
>                        this.height = stage.stageHeight;
>
>                  }
>

> Pierre

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.