flex-users mailing list archives

From Ben Smeets <...@okapion.com>
Subject Re: Limit Blendmode to 1 layer
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:30:49 GMT
Sure, I'll try to explain it :) This is what I currently have:

- Top layer (blendMode=x)
- Draggable object layer (image)
- Shape layer (square white rectangle)
- Background layer (plain gray)

The Top layer is draggable. The goal is to make every part of Draggable layer which is dragged
outside of the shape layer below it, colorized (or something visual, while retaining a bit
of the visual aspect, which is why I got to overlaying a blended layer.). Most issues have
been tackled. Only thing left now is that by applying a blendMode, the gray background get's
part of that blend effect (color) as well. So I through the trick would be to limit the blendmode
to only the Dragable Object Layer.

Don't mean to spam the list, if this is not exactly Flex related. Any tips appreciated.

Ben

On 26 aug. 2013, at 19:29, Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:

> For me, colorTrasform applies to the whole layer,  no masking is possible.
> Maybe if you can describe in more detail what you are trying to do, someeone can help...
>
> Maurice

entire layer. Just the part that the top layer is over (or is that possible with colortransform
as well)?

> Op 26 aug. 2013 om 17:35 heeft Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> het
volgende geschreven:

>> If the purpose of the blending layer is to apply an coloring / lighting effect to
the layer below, they applying a color transform to the layer below instead (colorTransform
property) could be what you need.

>> Maurice

layer below it (e.g.). My app has a dark background, the top layer which is blending is now
blending over all layers, including the background. I am trying to let it blend over 1 specific
layer below it without affecting anything else.