flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: Trying a different IDE with AIR
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:20:05 GMT
Hi
   Thanks for all your support I did use the nice new Apache SDK installer
(very simple good for me )

Can I check the source code on my MAC to ensure I have installed  AIR as
well, or should I just rerun the Apache installer

Otherwise I will dig in to IntelliJ

thanks

Scott

On 8/28/13 9:54 AM, "Maarten Cammaert" <marzsman@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Scott,
>
>Have you used the Apache SDK installer to install flex and air?
>I'm building all my AIR apps with IntelliJ without any problem, desktop
>and
>mobile.
>The only thing I'm doing is pointing to the location of the SDK.
>Also make sure you have the Flex/Flash plugin installed (see settings >
>plugins), so when you start a project you can select the flash module and
>set the target platform to desktop our mobile.
>
>Maarten
>

>On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Scott Matheson
><smatheson@intralinks.com>wrote:
>
>> Chaps
>>            This may be off the subject of this user group if so please
>> excuse me
>>
>> I have been reading a lot  about IntelliJ IDE and thought I would give
>>it
>> a go, now I am not a hardened OS level chap, just a app developer
>>
>> I managed to installIJ with Flex 10 and build a new app,nice, then I
>> thought I would have a go with a small AIR app to reformat some JSON
>>file I
>> have
>>
>> HumÅ . As IntelliJ is not integrated with flex like Flash Builder you are
>> left to you own resources to get the AIR SDK install before you start
>>
>> My research turned up many blogs on the subject, so I take it Adobe do
>>not
>> provide a AIR SDK installer, you need to install the SDK manually ?
>>
>> I reading the small print you need to install 4.6 first, this seems the
>> best instructions, can anyone point me in a better direction ?
>>

>>http://www.funky-monkey.nl/blog/2008/10/24/installing-the-adobe-air-sdk-o
>>n-a-mac/
>>
>> Thanks

>> Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential
>>and
>> may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>>the
>> sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
>> this email and any attachments. Thank you.

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.