flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: supported mapping APIs in Flex?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:57:18 GMT

On 8/16/13 8:25 AM, "Alain Ekambi" <jazzmatadazz@gmail.com> wrote:

>Exporting the Maps API to Flash/ActionScript should be doable.
>This is basically what we do in Java using GWT and FaBridge.
I'm not quite sure how you are doing it, and we could poke a hole in Flash
and use th e Iframe overlay or StageWebView, but I think the goal would be
to display on the Flash display list and/or Stage3D.  The terms and
conditions warn about reverse-engineering the google code.  The MapCanvas
sounds like it does a lot of fancy things. I don't know how much work it
would be to duplicate without peeking under the hood.