flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 4.10 installation aborted
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:14:07 GMT

On 8/14/13 9:05 AM, "Marcus Fritze" <marcus.fritze@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> This indicates that the Flex SDK binary file on that particular mirror
>>site
>> is corrupted.
Last time we had a problem, it wasn't the copy of the binary file on the
mirror.  The mirrors are working fine.  What happens is that the bytes get
corrupted as they are being transferred.  That's one of the reasons
checksums were invented.

>> Usually this can be fixed by running the Installer again.
>
>Maybe, the installer can try automatically another mirror in the
>background when the MD5 of the file is not correct.
>
>I think this is a good idea to minimize possible errors for the
>"end-user" who are trying to install Flex.
That's a good suggestion.  Please open a JIRA task for it.

-Alex