flex-users mailing list archives

From Deepak MS <megharajdee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.10 installation aborted
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 06:42:55 GMT
Hi Om,
I tried on another network and it picked up different mirror this time, but
still installation isn't successful.

Version 2.6.0 (windows)
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 3.8
Flash Player version 11.8
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://psg.mtu.edu/pub/apache/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match
the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
Installation aborted.

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit OS.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Deepak MS <megharajdeepak@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Om.
>
> Yes, I tried for about 5 times (on same network). It picks up the same
> mirror all the time(log too is same). Based on what does it pick up a
> particular mirror?
>
> Or may be it would have been helpful if we had  an option to select a
> mirror just like how we have options to select flex version, air version
> and flash player version.
>
> Let me try on some other network and I'll let you know how it goes.
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala <
> bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Deepak MS <megharajdeepak@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Guys,
>> > I logged in as administrator and unfortunately, still no luck for me!
>> Not
>> > sure what's wrong. Here's my log this time, with admin login:
>> >
>> > Version 2.6.0 (windows)
>> > Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
>> > AIR version 3.8
>> > Flash Player version 11.8
>> > Creating Apache Flex home
>> > Creating temporary directory
>> > Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
>> >

>> http://apache.mesi.com.ar/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
>> > Unable to download Apache Flex SDK
>> > Installation aborted
>> >
>> > Earlier, it was getting aborted at 3rd box(without admin privilege), but
>> > now it's getting aborted at 2nd box itself.
>> >
>> > Has it got to do anything with internet?
>> >

>> Deepak,
>>
>> That mirror started the download but aborted after partially downloading
>> the file.  I am guessing that the particular mirror is having problems.
>>
>> If you run it again, the Installer would pick a different random mirror
>> which would hopefully fix this problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Om
>>

>> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Deepak MS <megharajdeepak@gmail.com