flex-users mailing list archives

From Yariv Gilad <yariv.gi...@gmail.com>
Subject Google Maps API for flex
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 04:57:50 GMT
Hi all
Does anyone here uses Google maps flash API in a flex app?
I know it is deprecated but it is suppose to be available till spt 2014
and I know for a fact that if you have a key, it works, we have one for a
testing domain we own.
However, I think it is close to impossible to generate a new key for a new
domain, so I'm a bit stuck here...  Would appreciate any experience you
might have, and any idea or Alternative.

To my knowledge, it is either finding a way to get a new key for a new
domain, or re-write the mapping module, which is quite extensive...
and if I will have no choice but to re-write the MapQuest is the only API
for flex which looks like having a decent functionality and hopefully - a
future, their maps however are different significantly in the fact they
present street names in the native language of the country you look at, so
if you have a travel related site and you want to offer English speaking
tourists maps in non-English speaking countries, it will look a bit weird...

any thoughts?
cheers
Yariv