flex-users mailing list archives

From Massimo Perani <massimo.per...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with GraniteDS GRAVITY and Flex MOBILE Chat Application
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:32:21 GMT
Thank you guys, you are right!
I entered "localhost" in the "Flex Server / Server Location" field of Flash
Builder compiler option.
Now replacing localhost with the ip the problem was solved.
Sorry but I had never considered this parameter because with RemoteObject I
always set the endpoint by code.

Can I ask you if is possible to do the same thing with Gravity?
So that my application are able to connect to different URLs depending by
the environment
(development / production).

Thanks so much for your help.
Massimo.

2013/8/27 Franck Wolff <franck.wolff@graniteds.org>

> I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the settings of your Air mobile
> application / Simulator. Did you enable networking (eg.
> android:permission.INTERNET)? Can you access anything outside your Air
> application (try with a simple remote call, use a web view and try to load
> google web page, etc.) Make sure also that your emulator isn't using a
> special IP for localhost (as Pedro suggested): the Android simulator uses a
> specific IP (10.0.2.2) for localhost (your desktop server), see:
>
> http://blogs.adobe.com/jtalbot/2010/12/07/accessing-localhost-from-the-android-emulator/
> .
>
> Franck.
>

> 2013/8/27 Massimo Perani <massimo.perani@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi Pedro,
> > thanks for your suggestion,
> > but the AIR simulator is running locally on the same host of my backend
> > (localhost).
> > I replaced localhost with the IP following your suggestion, but with the
> > same result.
> > The WEB project works and the MOBILE not...
> >
> > I'm probably forgetting some other simple things
> > but I don't understand which one
> > :-)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Massimo
> >

> > 2013/8/27 Pedro Serralha <pedro.serralha@elegedata.com>
> >
> > > Hi there
> > >
> > > Are you using localhost on your request url?
> > > If so on the mobile app you are pointing into your own mobile phone,
> and
> > > I'm
> > > positive that the services aren't running on your phone.
> > > It should work on the web project since, I assume is where the services
> > are
> > > running.
> > >
> > > Try to use the IP of your machine.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is a silly point to say, but sometimes we forgot the
> simplest
> > > things.
> > >

> > > Cumprimentos / Best Regards
> > > Pedro Serralha