flex-users mailing list archives

From Franck Wolff <franck.wo...@graniteds.org>
Subject Re: GraniteDS 3.0.0.M3 is out
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:08:20 GMT
Gary,

GraniteDS has standard support for AS Vector ---> Java array (or any other
collection type) serialization. Java array (collections) ---> Vector needs
additional care: there is no mean to know what's the client application is
expecting, hence Java collections and arrays are serialized respectively
as ArrayCollection and Array...

As a (bad, I admit) workaround, you can plug into GraniteDS a specific AMF3
serializer that will override standard array/collection serialization to
get a vector on the Flex side.

What we could certainly do is to add support for a specific Java annotation
(say @Vector) that will tell the serializer to send Vectors instead of
ArrayCollections / Arrays when it finds it on a bean property. I'm thinking
about something like:

@Vector
private String[] stringArray;

@Vector
private List<String> stringList;

or even

@Vector
public List<String> getStringList() { ... }

I think it would be pretty easy to implement such feature and I can
certainly plan it for the next release (3.0.0.RC1).

Since you seem to be using another server-side solution (BlazeDS / LCDS /
?), how do they achieve AS Vector <---> Java array / collection
serialization?

Franck.