flex-users mailing list archives

From manitas manitas <manitas0...@gmail.com>
Subject Pb with special characters and accents
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:56:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the apache flex 4.10 sdk to develop an Adobe Air desktop app for
Windows.

I have a problem with special characters and accents.

In fact all my mxml file starts with the following line :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

but when I try to get the text of a spark TextInput and trace it in the
output console or send it to a remote server there is a problem of charset
encoding.

For example if I type "é" in the TextInput the display is ok in the app but
if I get and trace the text of this TextInput I have this : é

I don't know what I'm missing and where to find the encoding configuration
for my app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards