flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.10 installation aborted
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:46:30 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Deepak MS <megharajdeepak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm.. I did try installing it multiple times, in different directories as
> well. Still same error. My network is pretty decent as well.

Can you please post the Installer logs for each installation attempt?  If
multiple mirrors are having the same problem, then this is a bigger issue
that needs to be investigated.

BTW, I just ran the Installer throught to completion and things seem to be
working properly.

> Anyway, I also tried to download and install it manually. This too is
> giving me an error message : (
>
> I downloaded zip from here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flex/4.10.0/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-src.zip
> .
> Unzipped the file content in a folder.
> Tried to add that folder location as my SDK in FB 4.5. When I select 'Flex
> SDK Location' by clicking 'Browse' button and when I locate that sdk, I get
> "mxmlc.jar not found in classpath of J:\SDKs\AF 4.10"
>
> Not sure if I am missing something in manual installation too.

This is expected behavior.  You will not be able to add a src kit to your
IDE.   Your options are to
a) directly download the binary kits and run the Make*IDE bat scripts
b) download the src kits, build the binaries and run the Make*IDE bat
scripts
c) use the Installer which does everything for you

Thanks,
Om