flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Performance Optimization
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:40:53 GMT
Hi,

> 1 - Is there any websites or blogs where I can find the new components into
> these recent Apache flex 4.10 release .
Take a look a the RELEASE_NOTES.  More documentation on the new components would be desirable
and we're looking for people to help out there.

> 2 - is there any performance optimization compared to previously flex sdks ?
Yes, performance improvements have been made to  the AndvancedDataGrid, CSS styling and a
few other things.

> 3 - Using these sdks , what would be better to develop ? Air with mobile
> application or Web based application ?
Depends on your application and what platforms you need to target.

> 4 - what are the steps need to follow to convert flex application into FB
> 4.7 and Flex 4.10
Depends on what version it was written in, but there should very little or no code to convert
for most projects.

> 5 - From where I could see the future plan after Apache flex 4.10.
At Apache there is no road map, people work on what they want to work on. But in the short
term you'll see more speed improvements to the ADG and DG, 120 and 640 dpi skins and a steady
stream of bug fixes. You might also want to take a look at the FlexJS project.

Thanks,
Justin