flex-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Ward-Karet <...@tanium.com>
Subject Re: how to access shared resource using source path in FlashBuilder? Is it even possible?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:00:52 GMT
Did you get this working? Here is how I have mine setup:

In the main project's source path tab:
	Full path:  C:\user\username\...\Shared Project\src

My Shared Project folder structure is as follows:
	src/com/tanium/shared

To use a component from the shared project:
	xmlns:components="com.tanium.shared.components.*

I don't embed any style or script elements from the shared project so I can't verify what
to do there. I'd try to get it working without those two elements and then try to get the
other things working in a similar manner.

Jesse

On Aug 14, 2013, at 8:03 PM, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:

> Thanks Jesse, it's still not working. By the way, I went with 'MyLinkedFolder' instead
of 'MyLinkedFolder/src' to avoid having two directories on the same level with the same name
(e.g. src). Not sure if that is a valid concern or not. I don't know how FB differentiates
between the two...

from the other project. I'm using FlashBuilder 4.6 with 4.5.1 SDK.

>> To do this I followed these instructions for sharing resources:
>>
>> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-120529f3137a1e031d6-7ffe.html#WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-120529f3137a1e031d6-7fed

>> To summarize, I did:
>>
>> Add an external resource folder to the source path:
>> 1. Select the project in the Package Explorer.
>> 2. Select Project > Properties > Flex Build Path
>> 3. On the build path properties page, select the Source Path tab.
>> 4. Click the Add Folder button.
>> 5. Enter or and browse to the folder’s path, and click OK.
>> The folder is added to the source path.
>>
>> I can see the linked resource (e.g. folder is MyLinkedFolder) in FlashBuilder's package
explorer, which shows:

>> MyProjectName
>> [source path] MyLinkedFolder
>> src
>> Styles
>> MyStyleConstants.as
>> MyStyles.css
>> src
>> (default package)
>> Main.mxml
>>
>> Inside Main.mxml, I wish to access the files `MyStyleConstants.as` and `MyStyles.css`.
I have the following code, which gives errors in both cases saying it can't find the files:

>> <s:Application xmlns:components="MyLinkedFolder.src.com.mydomain.components.*"
....>
>> <fx:Style source="MyLinkedFolder/src/Styles/MyStyles.css"/>
>> <fx:Script source="MyLinkedFolder/src/Styles/MyStyleConstants.as"/>
>> </s:Application>
>>
>> Also, I wish to use the components located in MyLinkedFolder as shown above using
`xmlns:components`, which also gives error saying it can't find the file.