flex-users mailing list archives

From Ajar <ajar.interact...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MVC framework
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:21:29 GMT
In my opinion - overkill is indeed the right word to describe parsley in
most cases.
While I respect complexity and clockwork architecture,
I can really appreciate straight forward framework like RobotLegs which
reduces the complexity in my projects.
My projects are fairly complex and large scale, this is why RL was a treat,
since I didn't need to double (or triple) the complexity.
I'm not looking for extensive feature-set that I'll rarely get to, I'd
rather have 80% which covers most cases in an easy straight-forward way.
And while you argue the parsley is close to perfection, indeed try it out
and see for your self, while having a project to execute, will you prefer a
robust tool or a minimalist one.
In my opinion, you are bound to go astray while you go into a new
territory, that's why a community is essential to support and grow
according to real needs that are communicated within a live community,
rather then browsing through ghost-posts hoping it will stick.
RL approach to modules in particular was a relief after trying out plumbing
with pureMVC pipes...
simple, painless, and works like a charm.
good luck with it, any turn you take.
cheers
Ajar