flex-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Raddle <dennis.rad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mixing flex components and Sprites
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:57:44 GMT
Okay I'm trying to figure out how to write code that would let me add
Sprite-based objects to a Flex framework. Looking at the bigger picture, I
don't know if this is right way to go. My larger goal is to mix buttons and
layouts and things that Flex provides, with animation of graphics. But
anyway, here is my first attempt to code something. I'm stuck in the
function addStuff(). Let's say that I create a class called AddSprites that
does the work of adding Sprites and animating them. I'm going to need to
pass the UIComponent into its constructor. How do I do that?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
               xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

  <fx:Script>
    <![CDATA[
      import exper AddSprites;
      private var e:AddSprites;