flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bigger swfs in 4.9.1
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 21:41:14 GMT
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> It looks like the main difference is that embedded assets like the
> BusyCursor and Drag cursors are not as efficiently stored as they used to
> be.  In Adobe SDKs, the assets came from a SWF.  For Apache, we had to
> convert the assets to FXG.  I thought the FXG compiler would do a better
> job of converting FXG back to SWF assets, but it seems to be using a lot
> of extra Sprites and Shapes because the FXG has a lot of what seem to be
> unnecessary Groups.
>
> -Alex

I can corroborate this theory.  The FXG spit out by tools like AI,
Fireworks, Flash, etc. need to be cleaned up before being used in Flex
apps.

FWIW, I am currently working on a FXG optimizer tool that will hopefully
remove the unnecessary groups that are created.  Perhaps this logic can be
moved into the compiler at some point as well?

Thanks,
Om

> On 7/9/13 9:37 AM, "João Fernandes" <joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Ok done!
> >
> >Thanks!
> >

> >On 9 July 2013 17:28, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> João,
> >>

> >> The mail filters blocked it.  Try making the suffix of the link reports
> >> something like .xml or .txt and send again.   I think it doesn't like
> >>.lnk.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -Alex
> >>

> >> On 7/9/13 9:25 AM, "João Fernandes"