flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: organization into directories and packages
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:32:57 GMT
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Dennis Raddle <dennis.raddle@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think I'm going to need a little more help.
>
> Let's say I have an app called MyApp.mxml.
>
> It's in /src/app/MyApp.mxml.
>
> Let's say I have various useful classes and packages at
>
> /src/myPkg/foo/AClass.as
>
> /src/myPkg/foo/AnotherClass.as
>
> /src/myPkg/bar/HelperClass.as
>
> /src/myPkg/bar/TestClass.as
>

> I want to cd to /src/app and run "mxmlc MyApp.mxml". However, I need to
> somehow point mxmlc to the rest of my source tree. How do I do this?

You specify the source path via the "source-path *path-element [...]* "
compiler option.  There is detailed documentation of this option and
various others here [1]  You should definitely take a look at all the
options available if you are planning on using mxmlc primarily in command
line mode.

> I don't want to use an IDE because frankly I am comfortable with Emacs and
> this project isn't large enough to justify learning a new editor especially
> one that is mouse intensive (I prefer using mostly keyboard commands, and
> no, "emacs mode" of Eclipse is nothing like the real Emacs).

Vim is better.  Just trolling ;-)

> Dennis

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7a92.html