flex-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT: Persistence of data objects by using serialization
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:55:52 GMT
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Kr├╝ger, Olaf <OKrueger@edscha.com> wrote:

> So my general question is:
> Is it evil to serialize an object only to persist it?
> What are the pros and cons?

In various projects we've come across this. Sometimes we've just shoved it
in there. Sometimes we parsed the hell out of it to fit in various tables.
The question always comes back to "do we need to search/edit the data on
the server?"

Remember that hierarchical schemas are a very real and accepted form of
storage... most people just know them as XML.

--
Jonathan Campos