flex-users mailing list archives

From Cosma Colanicchia <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT: Persistence of data objects by using serialization
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:22:32 GMT
Also, serialization by its nature tend to be very coupled with runtime
model of the objects - shoud your objects structure change in the future
(e.g. modify the object attributes), you may have troubles trying to
gracefully reuse or migrate the old serialized data.

You can mitigate this to some extent properly using the [Transient]
metadata, or you can take full control using custom serialization
(implementing the IExternalizable interface) at the expense of writing your
read/write logic (but this could kill the advantage over a traditional
persistence management).