flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Apache Flex 4.10 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:45:18 GMT

Thanks again for the help,

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : omuppi1@gmail.com [mailto:omuppi1@gmail.com] De la part de OmPrakash Muppirala
Envoyé : mercredi 31 juillet 2013 20:27
À : users@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: Apache Flex 4.10 Release Candidate (ERROR)

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Maurice Amsellem < maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:

> The installer does not allow me to select AIR 3.8 and FlashPlayer 10.2
> at the same time  ( I guess because of dependencies).
> However in my case, I am using AIR for mobile apps (and needs the
> latest
> version) and FP for Flex browser app (and need 10.2), so there is no
> connection between the two.
> Does this make sense to you?
>
> PS: I didn't even notice than the previous installation did it fact
> download AIR SDK 2.6 :-(

Yes, it does.  Unfortunately, the AIR 3.8 requires a swf-version that is different from FP
10.2.  We tied the AIR/FP versions with same swf-versions together so that users dont get
into trouble.

In your case, you can:

1.  Run the installer twice (one for each combination) 2.  Copy over the correct versions
of air-config.xml, airmobile-config.xml and flex-config.xml into one master sdk folder.
3.  Copy over the required flash player swc directory ex.
frameworks/libs/player/10.2 into the master sdk folder

The key is that in your shared code, you need to make sure that you use the runtime features
from the lower swf-version.

Hope that helps.

Om