flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Line" <markl...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Image properties problem when view is not a firstView in Flex
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:01:29 GMT
Hi Philip,

I've cc the users as it may help someone else.

To fix your problem it's pretty simple. I've just added an event listener on
the complete event which the spark Image control has.

The event is dispatched once the Image control has loaded its source.

The full class is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

            xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" title="VIEW1"

            creationComplete="view1_creationCompleteHandler(event)">

      <fx:Script>

            <![CDATA[

                  import mx.events.FlexEvent;

                  protected function
view1_creationCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void

                  {

                        //trace("Image Width = " +
myImage1.bitmapData.width);

                  }

                  private function
myImage1_completeHandler(event:Event):void

                  {

                        trace("Image Width = " + myImage1.bitmapData.width);

                  }

            ]]>

      </fx:Script>

      <s:Image id="myImage1" source="images/image1.jpg"
complete="myImage1_completeHandler(event)" />

</s:View>

As to why you were seeing the problem in the first place. You were listening
for the creation complete function the view. The view will dispatch the
event once all of its children have been created. (By children I mean
components you have added to the view in mxml in this case)

An spark Image control was created (if you look in the debugger you can see)
but it hadn't loaded its content. This is why the bitmapData was null.

Hope that helps explain

Mark