flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Developing on Linux
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:04:50 GMT
Hi,

> I'm building mobile apps. In fact, my customer uses the same AIR app on
> Windows PCs as well as Windows tablets and iPads. This is why, like you
> said, I need AIR 3.
Currently your only option is going to be develop on Windows or OSX for mobile apps. There's
not much Apache can do about that until Adobe decides to donate the source code and we have
people willing to work on porting it to Linux.

> On a slightly different thread: I fear that Adobe will someday decide to
> stop AIR development, and not give it to the community.
If they did that we'd still have all of the previous versions that would be viable for 3-5
years at a guess. I wouldn't worry about it until if and when it actually happens.

Justin