flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: With ref to- Creation of mobile/tablet apps in Flex projects
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:46:51 GMT
Hi,

> This is asked due to its dependency of the regular stage display list, and inability
to take advantage of stage3d performance.
Depends on your application - not all applications need stage3d, if you writing a 3d game
then sure but your typical Flex application probably doesn't need it.

In my experience, if performance isn't an issue (and it's usually not Flex runs is fast on
modern phones), it comes down to how much of your desktop application code do you want to
rewrite to make it work on mobile and do you have the time and budget for that? Using Flex
on both mobile and desktop may save you time and money.

Thanks,
Justin