flex-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Wright <twri...@yesco.com>
Subject Developing on Linux
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:34:18 GMT
flex users list,
I have a bit of a question.
I'm fairly new to the list, I've noticed several dev emails from the dev
list, more notably I've been following Justin's updates and notes on
getting flex better prepped for the *nix platform.

I'd much rather develop on a linux box. I'm much more partial to linux and
it's power over windows as far as developing in general. However, up till
now I've been developing my Flex4.5 apps on windows with Flash Builder, and
will probably continue to do so until I get everything properly set up on
my linux partition.

So, I've searched and read multiple "install flex sdk on linux" tutorials,
and I'm seeing some differing opinions, most of them refer to using the
adobe flex 4.6 sdk ... not sure how much of a difference there is from the
last official adobe release vs. the apache releases. I'm also not sure
which tutorials to fully trust and which one's are a more hackish "look, I
got it running" type of a tutorial.

Soooo yeah. I'm just not sure where to really start here. I'm looking for a
solid starting point that offers the information I need to really make
choices based on a bit more of a solid understanding of the process, what's
going on in the dev world, and the adobe/apache transition world.

Any thoughts or links? Really anything would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
--
*Thomas Wright*
Software Engineer