flex-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Opinions on best method here
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:52:39 GMT
I don't know if this is possible, but how about storing the patrol data in (eventually zipped
as Om mentioned) chunks and to make sure a patrol visits a "data-dump-point" where you can
uploas things using a Wifi Connection ... when talking about hundreds of MB I doubt that you
will have any sort of Service that can handle that amount of upstream in a reasonable amount
of time. So if your patrols for example start in the "headquater" and end there, I would implement
the application in a way that it Caches data and Uploads the stuff automatically as soon as
the upload Connection is available.

Another alternative would be to upload text data live and to add the binary Image, Audio and
Video data as soon as a bigger upstream is available.

Just my 50ct to this Topic.
    Chris

Von: Thomas Wright [twright@yesco.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. Juni 2013 16:24
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Opinions on best method here

Hi,
Thanks for your responses.
@OmPrakash, I could definitely try that, however, we are already expected
to use the amfphp framework, so I'll be sending objects over as appropriate
and according to the pre-specified Vo files, however, zipping might work
for the images. And I can totally dig the bytearray with a marker. I think
that is definitely something to do. thnx

@Angelo, I haven't yet calculated the size of the data to be sent. The
images and videos are both pre-compressed, but even at that they are still
quite large files. One patrol may have up to 5 or 6 images ranging up to
200mb. The patrols themselves are minuscule, simple database entries only
about 15 text fields long.
We do have decent bandwidth, but at the same time, my app is not the only
app hitting the servers, so it occasionally bottlenecks, but this has been
an issue that's recently been mostly rectified, so there shouldn't be too
much of a problem even with super large submissions.

thanks for your input guys :)

--
*Thomas Wright*
Software Engineer