flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject possible to make spark datagrid column separator appear behind cell contents?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:26:44 GMT
Spark DataGrid column separators always appear on top of the cell (text) contents.

Can anyone think of a way to either:

1. Place the column separator behind the cell contents.
2. Eliminate the column separator (e.g. alpha=0) for specific rows.

I want to create the illusion of spanned rows in spark DataGrid using simple techniques (e.g.
reliable techniques).

I found I can use a link button in such a way that it spans multiple columns, so the text
contents when placed in the first column will extend into the second column if its text is
sufficiently large.

Now I just need a way to make sure the column separator doesn't appear over it.

I want something like:

-------------------------------
| col 1  |  col 2  |   col 3  |
-------------------------------