flex-users mailing list archives

From "Tianzhen Lin" <tang...@usa.net>
Subject RE: Flex app using images
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:40:52 GMT

Tangent

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak MS [mailto:megharajdeepak@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 1:43 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Cc: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Flex app using images

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if we can built an app in flex by using sliced
images(all the screens of the app) from a UI design done in Photoshop(or any
UI editing tool), without any performance issues?

I have been working on iPad apps by just skinning the components. But
sometimes there are some UI designs which are difficult to achieve by
skinning.

Hence wanted to know if we can extensively use images to build an app in
flex. Something like these:

http://dribbble.com/shots/172145-Mobile-admin-dashboard-iPad-UI-UX-iOS

http://dribbble.com/shots/722800-Experiment-with-Metro-UI/attachments/68300

Kindly let me know what can be the best approach.

Cheers,

Deepak