flex-users mailing list archives

From Martin Miko <marrtinm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Beginner-- Unable to display web page within 2 StageWebViews on single screen app
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 08:23:25 GMT
Hello Arvind,

there are two things you need to know, unfortunately I'm not an expert on
mobile app development and the question you are asking is quite tricky,
because except different screen sizes you need to take into account
different pixel densities. I would point you to this article
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/multiple-screen-sizes.htmlespecially
to the part about scaling bitmaps and detecting device's screen
size and density.

Anyway, if I had to solve this problem, I would create more versions of the
bitmap and chose and scale the most fitting version based on the device
info available during run time. One more thing I'd consider is the layout
of the app on various screen sizes. As you have not mentioned purpose of
the image it might not be relevant. The thing is that in some cases it
makes sense to display an image because you have big enough display, but in
some it might be bad for UX, because it would occupy too much space. So I'd
take into account even this aspect.