flex-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Hayes" <Joseph_Ha...@co.washington.or.us>
Subject RE: Flex Mobile Project Updates
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 21:58:53 GMT
Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Your answer sheds some more light on the fact that
the Flex SDK is really independent from Android, but only tied via Air.

 Sorry if I'm not asking the right questions, I'm new to mobile
development and still trying to wrap my head around it.  Not sure if I
should stick with Flex (which is what I want) or go down the rabbit hole
with native code.  Will Apache be making an effort to update/add/create
"native extensions" for IOS and Android?  Or do I have this all wrong?

If there's a resource I should read, please point me in the right
direction.

Thanks Again,
Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Line [mailto:markline@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:38 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flex Mobile Project Updates

Adobe aren't updating Flex anymore. Just Apache/open source community

Flex apps required adobe air to run on mobile (android and iOS).

The current version of air (3.7) requires android 2.3 and above. I think
you can target older air versions to lower the minimal version of
android.

If you just wanted to write in pure as3 you can look at other solutions
(hax, playscript, starling and feathers)
On 8 May 2013 18:17, "Joseph Hayes" <Joseph_Hayes@co.washington.or.us>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've been developing apps in Flex for a couple years now and I love
it.
> I'm thinking about some mobile development now.   However, I noticed
> that Adobe's site said they weren't updating the Flex SDK to support
> Android OS versions newer than 4.0.something.  Has, or will, the
Apache