flex-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Ward-Karet <...@tanium.com>
Subject Re: Creating a performant item renderer for scollable data grid cells
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:44:35 GMT
Tom, I've thought about showDataTips, but even with a custom data tip skin I don't think I
can get the functionality I need.

Romain, I don't need styled text. UITextField is good enough for me. As far as I'm aware,
StyleableTextField doesn't help me with the scrolling issue.

Alex, where would you attach the scroller to the display list? As a child of the grid, the
main app, or other? What would you use as the viewport? Maybe an invisible GroupBase that
is positioned over the cell?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

On May 1, 2013, at 9:12 PM, Tom Brazil <tom.brazil@systar.com> wrote:

> Sometimes, showDataTips does the trick for full visibility without scrolling.

of display objects, the player has to mask stuff, etc, which means that tons more work is
happening.

> Here's a thought:  Don't put a scrollbar in the renderer.  Instead, on hover, float a
scrollbar over the renderer they are floating over.  I think it will be a bit of work to implement,
but I think something like that will scroll the best.