flex-users mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject Re: Can Air files or .apk files be de-crypted?
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 08:43:45 GMT
On 14/05/2013 18:41, Steve McLaughlin wrote:
> How safe
Against what ?
Of course they can be decrypted - the operating system has to be able to
run them.

It sounds like you are worried either about art assets being stripped or
your business logic being stolen ?

There's not much you can do about artwork - there will always be screen
shot tools.

There are SWF obstruction tools out there that will meddle with the byte
code, but I've never used them myself; we've never profiled our
attackers as being that motivated against our product.

Tom