flex-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Ward-Karet <...@tanium.com>
Subject Re: Creating a performant item renderer for scollable data grid cells
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 22:20:27 GMT
Thanks for your idea Alex. I posted a version with view source enabled that works pretty well:

http://jessewk.users.sonic.net/ScrollingRenderer/ScrollingRenderer.swf

It's not perfect, but it gets the job done for now.  I had to hack around quite a bit to enable
scrolling column groups in unison using a single scroller (in my case, all the multi-line
results in a column are tied to each other and guaranteed to be the same number of rows).
It's really annoying that you can't easily access the renderer for a specific row and column.
I haven't had a chance to play with the Spark data grid but I hope it's different!

Thanks again, hopefully somebody else finds my implementation useful.

Jesse