flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: programmatic sort for Spark datagrid, accounting for sort triangle state
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:05:20 GMT
Hi Mark, can you include a link to the "click bug" or describe what it is?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil>
To: users@flex.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:57:08 AM
Subject: RE: programmatic sort for Spark datagrid, accounting for sort triangle state

I've gone down the road of the sort arrows many times. Manipulating the datagrid.columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices
never seemed to work for me. It really is inconsistent and the columns themselves have a to
change with the sortDescending to get the direction. Then there is that click bug that makes
some of the sort arrows not update properly.

For an application developer it may be easier to create a modified GridColumn that includes
a new custom sort property. Then modify the skin to check for that property and the sortDescending
to get the direction. Just use preventDefault to disable the internal sort arrows

-Mark