flex-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: how to setup and use maven-flex-plugin
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 11:41:05 GMT
Hi Dan,

do you have a reference to the framework pom?

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.adobe.flex.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>flex-framework</artifactId>
      <version>${flex.version}</version>
      <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>

Because the compiler and flex-frameworks have to be in the same version.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dan Rollo [mailto:danrollo@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. April 2013 21:38
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: how to setup and use maven-flex-plugin

Hi Chris,

Can you give me an example of how to override the FDK version with deps?

The pom I attached to the prior message included this snippet:

     <build>
         <sourceDirectory>src/main/flex</sourceDirectory>
         <testSourceDirectory>src/test/flex</testSourceDirectory>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
                 <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>${flexmojos.version}</version>
                 <extensions>true</extensions>
                 <dependencies>
                     <dependency>
                         <groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
                         <artifactId>compiler</artifactId>
                         <version>${flex.version}</version>
                         <type>pom</type>
                     </dependency>

                     <!-- only need adt dep for AIR project -->
<!--
                     <dependency>
                         <groupId>com.adobe.air.compiler</groupId>
                         <artifactId>adt</artifactId>
                         <version>3.4</version>
                         <type>jar</type>
                     </dependency>
-->
                 </dependencies>
                 <configuration>
                     <storepass/>
                     <debug>true</debug>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
     </build>

Do I need to do more to override the deps?
And/or can you point me to any pom that shows these overrides?

Thanks,
Dan

----------------------------
You can use FM6 with any FDK you like.

The version you are referring to is the one I compiled FM6 against when releasing it. So if
you don't explicitly override the FDK version by adding the compiler and framework dependencies
in the version you like, FM will fallback to this.

I guess the szenario where you deploy a mavenized FDK and then re-deploy it differently will
force you to clean up your old publication first otherwise the repo manager is correctly complaining
that you are trying to replace stuff with different versions.

And there will probably never be a public repo where you can download the entire mavenized
FDKs. We are planning on "automating" the process of downloading missing parts, but a full
deployment to public repos will unfortunately probably never happen :-|

Chris