flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: programmatic sort for Spark datagrid, accounting for sort triangle state
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:03:00 GMT
Thanks Alex, for the recommendation for visibleSortIndicatorIndices. And thanks Julio for the
code implementing it (I wasn't sure how to do it).

Attempt 1:

private function redrawGrid():void {
arrCol.sort=null;
arrCol.refresh();
myGrid.columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices = new <int>[0];
myGrid.columns[0].sortDescending= true; // or false for ascending arrow
}

This produces a run time error:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property 0 not found on mx.collections.ArrayList and there is
no default value.

Using FB's debugger, there's no array of columns, and sortDescending appears under source.
So...

Attempt 2:

private function redrawGrid():void {
arrCol.sort=null;
arrCol.refresh();
myGrid.columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices = new <int>[0];
myGrid.columns.source[0].sortDescending= true; // or false for ascending arrow
}

This also produces the exact same error, even though I can see the property

myGrid.columns.source[0].sortDescending=false

when evaluating FB's Expressions tab in the debugger. That's funny...

Attempt 3:

private function redrawGrid():void {
arrCol.sort=null;
arrCol.refresh();
myGrid.columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices = new <int>[0];
col1.sortDescending= true; // or false for ascending arrow
}
<s:GridColumn id="col1" dataField="c1"/>

This produces the desired result! (I can't believe my eyes...)

Thanks so much!!! I'll see if I can work a solution using this trick...

> private function redrawGridLater():void {
> arrCol.sort=null;
> arrCol.refresh();
> myGrid.columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices = new <int>[0];
myGrid.columns[0].sortDescending= true; // or false for ascending arrow
> }

hth
julio

On May 2, 2013, at 12:11 PM, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:

> I also tried:
>
> private function redrawGrid():void {
> groupId.removeElement(myGrid);
> callLater(redrawGridLater);
> }
>
> private function redrawGridLater():void {
> groupId.addElement(myGrid);
> }
>
> but same problem ... the sort arrow is still displayed.
>
> Is there some way to wipe myGrid out of memory (or some other idea), then create it again
(from scratch)?

even though the first column is sorted by default. How do I get back to this scenario AFTER
the datagrid is first drawn?

--
Julio Carneiro