flex-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com>
Subject looking for group development input
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 01:13:34 GMT
Hi;

I'm looking for some input from developers who are used to developing Flex
apps with a group of developers. In the near future I would like to hire 2
or 3 Flex programmers to work on an existing enterprise ERP type of app.

In all probability these will be remote developers so I'm thinking of
setting up VMWare VM machines with an IDE, Tomcat server, etc so the
developer won't have to spend time with setup, is this a good approach?

Currently I'm using Flash Builder 4.6, I've looked at IntelliJ and FDT (I
find FDT a bit on the expensive side) for group development is there a
better solution?

Any suggestions for Project Management?

How to manage file versions and updates, I've been testing SVN and something
called OwnCloud any input?

Any suggested way to "loosely" supervise time spent on actually working on
the projects?

Any input, advice or references concerning managing group software
development, especially in regards to Flex would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Carlos