flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Application issues building through Ant
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:21:05 GMT
Hi Joe,

We definitely want to lower any barriers to entry.

Maybe the README just needs to say, "if you've used the InstallApacheFlex
installer you should be all set"?  I can't think of anything that needs to
be done after the installer runs.  The README is geared towards folks taking
the source distribution without the installer.

Otherwise, I think we'd all like to hear more details on what is getting in
the way.

-Alex

On 4/18/13 12:15 PM, "Joe Kryzak" <flex@aligned.com> wrote:

> [...]
> building environments, they just want the minimum amount of information to get
> up and running.
>
> I am willing to donate some of our time to this, if you feel it's an issue. If
> you feel that understanding build details is a requirement to the first users
> of apache flex, I understand.
>

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Alex Harui wrote:
>
> Custom config.xml files have been around for quite a while.
>
> They don't have to be called compile-config.  In fact, I think if you give
> them the same name as the main class it will get used automatically.
>
> It sounds like mx.swc is not being found.  If core.swc doesn't use controls
> in mx.swc then it would compile fine, but then common.swc wouldn't.
>
> On 4/18/13 11:24 AM, "Michael Baird" <mbaird@kairyt.com> wrote:
>
>> I hadn't seen these compile-configs before. Were these introduced with the
>> Apache move or were they part of the Adobe SDK too?
>>
>> I created a compile-config [1] and it works for my first SWC, but my second
>> SWC, which depends on the first one as well as the SDK, is failing to
>> resolve a number of MX components:
>>
>> core:
>>     [echo]
>>     [echo] Compiling core library
>>     [echo]
>>    [compc] Loading configuration file
>> C:\dev\oneplace-app\trunk\flex4\compile-config.xml
>>    [compc] C:\<path>\build\core.swc (326846 bytes)
>>
>> common:
>>     [echo]
>>     [echo] Compiling common library
>>     [echo]
>>    [compc] Loading configuration file
>> C:\dev\oneplace-app\trunk\flex4\compile-config.xml
>>    [compc] C:\<path>\DropDownItemRenderer.mxml(5): Error: Could not
>> resolve <mx:Label> to a component implementation.
>>    [compc]
>>    [compc]     htmlText="{ _list.labelFunction( data ) }">
>>    [compc]
>>    [compc] C:\<path>\ShorterTextInput.mxml(2): Error: Could not resolve
>> <mx:TextInput> to a component implementation.
>>    [compc]
>>    [compc] <mx:TextInput xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml">
>>    [compc] //and so on...
>>
>> The targets are setup like so [2] (where *core* is successful but
>> *common* fails
>> to build with the above errors). The macrodef and target configuration
>> works when I use the standard flex-config, so I think there is something
>> wrong with my compile-config, but it looks very similar to the examples I
>> see in the framework...
>>
>> [1] http://pastebin.com/c2G8D3B0
>> [2] http://pastebin.com/QYhpCZU5
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think you want to change flex-config.xml.  That will change the way
>>> every SWF gets linked.
>>>
>>> Instead, you can create a separate foo-config.xml and use it for SWFs and
>>> SWCs that aren't the main app.  If you look at how the SDK gets built,

mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/>>

pacheFlexSDK/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/SystemManager.as:2>>

> 8

mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDocFrameReadyHandler()[/Users/j>>

stinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexSDK/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/manag>>

mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheF>>

>>> the

>>> otherwise

>>> closer.

>>> runtime.
>>> the
>>> throwing

>>> related.

>>> then

 But then

XML.

>>> the

>>> found.

>>> value='-local-fonts-snapshot=${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/localFonts.ser'/>

>>> value='-local-fonts-snapshot=${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/localFonts.ser'/>
>>> value='-external-library-path=${build.dir}/core.swc'/>

The main

>>> value='-local-fonts-snapshot=${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/localFonts.ser'/>

something wrong with
compiled into a

the standard
externals?
correctly.

tell you what

>>> an

certain classes to
not being loaded into
can access it or aren't

shared libraries and
I'm running into

- 4.9.1 - and
I receive
>>> one
>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>> _88d866d22da27af4b5978eeb7ebb39d5d661776417e03b75890d49335a9fed4d_flash_di

is not being
>>> included

>>> value='-runtime-shared-libraries=${common.swf}'/>

script as the path to

is working a little
then I get another
>>> not