flex-users mailing list archives

From "Lucas Junqueira / Ciclope" <lu...@ciclope.art.br>
Subject Re: Using USB Video Device as Webcam
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 21:05:36 GMT
I believe the problem is that windows xp "understood"  the external video
device as a system webcam, and windows 7 doesn't - the flash player uses
the system webcam as input, not the external device. Since some drivers
actually mess these things, you could use the device on xp.

However I believe that there is a solution that may be valid to you: there
are some software that do excately that: take some video source and create
a virtual webcam from it. If your application will run on a controlled
environment, you may ask the user to have it installed. One that I used on
the pas was names "VH Screen Capture":

http://www.splitmedialabs.com/media-toolkits/vh-video-sdk/vh-screen-capture

It has a module for getting any video and making it a webcam feed.

--
Lucas Junqueira
lucas@ciclope.art.br / (31)2555-0635 / (31)9133-6635