flex-users mailing list archives

From Michael Baird <mba...@kairyt.com>
Subject Re: Application issues building through Ant
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:47:46 GMT
@Joe I do intend to offer my solutions when I have a working build, FYI. I
can put it in a wiki with slimmed down examples.

@Alex/anyone else

Compilation was successful, but I'm still having linking issues with the
SDK components. So all my modules and library SWCs are using the
compile-config [1], while my main application is using the default 4.9.1
flex-config [2]. My main application target is setup like so [3], and
produces a rather large SWF (> 3mb if I include my custom libs, > 1mb if I
put them in the external/RSL setup).

If I have my custom libs in the external/RSL setup, mx core seems to be
unlinked:

[SWF] C:\<path>\oneplace_client.swf - 4,449,650 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\<path>\oneplace_client.swf - 311,873 bytes after decompression
VerifyError: Error #1014: Class mx.events::IndexChangedEvent could not be
found.

If I have my custom libs built-in (using the commented out part of my
target in [3], then commenting out the external-library-path/RSL), it is
the charting SWC that seems to be unlinked.

[SWF] C:\<path>\oneplace_client.swf - 7,053,831 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\<path>\resources.swf - 3,407,973 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\<path>\resources.swf - 311,873 bytes after decompression
[SWF] C:\<path>\resources.swf - 849,290 bytes after decompression
VerifyError: Error #1014: Class mx.charts::CategoryAxis could not be found.

All the while, both look like they're supposed to be in the library-path
according to the flex-config [2].

[1] http://pastebin.com/0XVskG1s
[2] http://pastebin.com/uU0XaD9i
[3] http://pastebin.com/et4NV99u

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > They don't have to be called compile-config.  In fact, I think if you
> give
> > them the same name as the main class it will get used automatically.
> >
> > It sounds like mx.swc is not being found.  If core.swc doesn't use
> controls
> > in mx.swc then it would compile fine, but then common.swc wouldn't.
> >
> > On 4/18/13 11:24 AM, "Michael Baird" <mbaird@kairyt.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I hadn't seen these compile-configs before. Were these introduced with
> the
> >> Apache move or were they part of the Adobe SDK too?
> >>
> >> I created a compile-config [1] and it works for my first SWC, but my
> second
> >> SWC, which depends on the first one as well as the SDK, is failing to
> >> resolve a number of MX components:
> >>
> >> core:
> >>     [echo]
> >>     [echo] Compiling core library
> >>     [echo]
> >>    [compc] Loading configuration file
> >> C:\dev\oneplace-app\trunk\flex4\compile-config.xml
> >>    [compc] C:\<path>\build\core.swc (326846 bytes)
> >>
> >> common:
> >>     [echo]
> >>     [echo] Compiling common library
> >>     [echo]
> >>    [compc] Loading configuration file
> >> C:\dev\oneplace-app\trunk\flex4\compile-config.xml
> >>    [compc] C:\<path>\DropDownItemRenderer.mxml(5): Error: Could not
> >> resolve <mx:Label> to a component implementation.
> >>    [compc]
> >>    [compc]     htmlText="{ _list.labelFunction( data ) }">
> >>    [compc]
> >>    [compc] C:\<path>\ShorterTextInput.mxml(2): Error: Could not resolve
> >> <mx:TextInput> to a component implementation.
> >>    [compc]
> >>    [compc] <mx:TextInput xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml">
> >>    [compc] //and so on...
> >>
> >> The targets are setup like so [2] (where *core* is successful but
> >> *common* fails
> >> to build with the above errors). The macrodef and target configuration
> >> works when I use the standard flex-config, so I think there is something
> >> wrong with my compile-config, but it looks very similar to the examples
> >> see in the framework...
> >>
> >> [1] http://pastebin.com/c2G8D3B0
> >> [2] http://pastebin.com/QYhpCZU5

> the way

> and

> the
> reference in

> found.

> mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/>>

> pacheFlexSDK/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/SystemManager.as:2>>
> >
> > 8
> >>>>

> mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDocFrameReadyHandler()[/Users/j>>

> stinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexSDK/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/manag>>

> mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheF>>

> exSDK/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/preloaders/Preloader.as:523]

 But
> then

> XML.

> treated as
> catalog.xml
> application

> that

> launched

bytes after

> libraries

> of
in the script.
> The

be something wrong
> with
css compiled into a

through the standard
module externals?
"ok" since you are
like
> want,

from 4.1 to now?
> This
we got better at not
will tell you what

recognize common
> and
then there might
> be
file and in it is a

<aharui@adobe.com>

forcing certain
> classes to
are not being loaded
> into
SWF can access it or
> aren't

is probably an embedded
> asset

shared libraries and
and I'm running into

release - 4.9.1 - and
application, I receive
> be
> >>>>>>>>>>>>

> _88d866d22da27af4b5978eeb7ebb39d5d661776417e03b75890d49335a9fed4d_flash_di

player is not being

targets:

> value='-local-fonts-snapshot=${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/localFonts.ser'/>
> value='-runtime-shared-libraries=${core.swf}'/>

> value='-load-externs=${build.dir}/report.xml'/>

build script as the path

that is working a little
- then I get another

linking issues, but I'm