flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: [Uriana Framework] Documentation updated
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:25:46 GMT
Carlos
       my project is a simple MVC application designed to teach dyslexic
to read,
we have used standard MXML and AS and a few events with modules to keep
every thing nice and clean

There is only 2 developers on the project, so we try and keep the project
simple with out lots of over heads

We will port to iPad etc later this year

I will try and understand you work, it may save us a lot of time

Scott

On 4/8/13 3:16 PM, "Carlos Velasco" <carlos.velasco.blanco@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Scott, and thanks for your comments. I have planned the site as a 'how
>does it work' rather than a 'this is the wtf framework for' as I am just
>sharing it with the world instead of selling it, but I will try to show
>its
>benefits in the how to's part, well at this point any advice is of value
>:).
>
>I can point some of the 'Why to use it' staff in advance:
>
>- Standarized methodology for Web, desktop and mobile projects.
>- Makes software easy to understand and maintain.
>
>- Standard linkage between pieces in a program (Event or direct access
>based as desired).
>- Pre-built framework pieces to simplify handling common resources, lot of
>them are to handle mobile staff. (Let's say, views are provided of a
>localization manager to handle locales, a logger to write log lines and
>so... you don't need to add them to start working)
>- Resource cleaning is ensured by the framework (and also stablishes
>points
>for manual cleaning when desired).
>- Abstracts dispatchers and listeners staff through the application.
>- It's extensible to handle any resources or third party libraries.
>- I think it's quite lightweight.
>
>And in my opinion the most important ones:
>
>- It's very confortable working with it.
>- It implements much more logic than the pureMVC framework (so I don't
>need
>to code it again and again).
>- The workflow is very simple (resource - Event - Mediator - Event - Rest
>of the world through Controllers).
>
>I don't know what you are working at right now or if Uriana is the best
>solution for your problems, but I can say I would help with whatever you
>need in case you find it interesting for your projects or were interested
>in colaborating to improve the Uriana capabilities.
>
>Cheers,
>Carlos.
>

>2013/4/8 Scott Matheson <smatheson@intralinks.com>
>
>> Hi
>>    So this may be more an issue about me, and maybe this group is not
>>for
>> me, I am a business developed that hacks at code and make stuff work,
>>
>> When I read a page I am trying to understand the benefits, what will
>>this
>> do for me
>>
>> When I  read this WiKi I do not get the sense of the value, so I have no
>> idea if this will be of benefit to the business problems I am challenged
>> with
>>
>> As I said this may have more to do with my ability to decode what
>> information is provided, no offense ment
>>

>> Scott
>>

>> On 4/8/13 1:02 PM, "Carlos Velasco" <carlos.velasco.blanco@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have extended the Application Library documentation:
>> >
>> >https://www.assembla.com/spaces/uriana/wiki/Application_Library

> [...]

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.