flex-users mailing list archives

From "Dott. Riccardo Bianconi" <i...@riccardobianconi.it>
Subject Flash Builder design mode
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:15:24 GMT
Hello,
from Flash Builder 4.7 design mode is removed and in Flash Builder 4.6 the design view supports
Flex 4.6 but it won’t support any newer version of Flex (I don’t know if there is a workaround
for this).

So my first question is: are available (or planned to be developed) any IDE for apache flex
that support a “design view”?
(something like Visual Studio for the one who doesn’t know what FB 4.6 design view is)

Second question: what IDE are you using now for developing Flex (desktop, web and mobile)?
FB, FDT, FD, other?
(because I don’t like Adobe “In order to better support future Apache-derived Flex SDKs,
Design View, Data Centric Development tools, and Flash Catalyst workflows will be removed
in updated 4.x versions of Flash Builder.” and I don’t 100% trust them about “maintain
support for Flex projects in updates to Flash Builder 4.x, including additional work to ensure
Apache Flex based SDKs can work within Flash Builder”)

Thanks,
Riccardo