flex-users mailing list archives

From Adnan Doric <astrona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Spark Datagrid backend sorting possible ?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:02:59 GMT
Hey, thank you for trying to help.
In fact, I don't want to implement lazy loading, it is a lot simpler
then that: I just want the DataGrid to avoid sorting all together and
let me populate "manually" the dataProvider.

Please take a look at the following Gist, it is a small example
illustrating the issue:
https://gist.github.com/adnandoric/5481416

As you will see, the moment you click on the column header, DataGrid
immediately sort it even though I explicitly set the sortCompareFunction
that returns null. I'm probably doing it wrong.

What I would like is to have DataGrid not sorting or doing anything at
all when I click on the header and let me handle the whole operation. At
the end, when data arrives from the backend, I would just need to adjust
the sortIndicator which is apparently possible using sortDescending,
thank you for that information :)

So, what do you think about this ? Feel free to fork the gist :)

Thank you,
Adnan

On 29/04/2013 13:13, Julio Carneiro wrote:
> Yes, James Ward PagedList is the way to go if you want lazyloading.
>
> Also, if you're sorting in the backend there is no reason to set a Sort again in your
dataProvider.
> You can simply set the sort indicators by using something like:
>                    columnHeaderGroup.visibleSortIndicatorIndices = new <int>[_sortColumn];
>
> Please not that visibleSortIndicatorIndices is a Vector, so if you are sorting on multiple
columns, you can set them all in the Vector.

> As for the asc/desc indicators, you set them in the GridColumn 'sortDescending' property.
>
> hth
> julio
>
> On Apr 29, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Tom Chiverton <tc@extravision.com> wrote:
>
>> On 29/04/2013 10:56, Adnan Doric wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to click on Datagrid headers and trigger backend call
in order to paginate/sort/filter and send back an updated collection. Datagrid should just
display it as is.

PagedList connector to an AsyncListView as the dataprovider : http://www.jamesward.com/2010/10/11/data-paging-in-flex-4/

>> Now just send the sort direction along with the call to the backend. You can get
this by listening for gridClick events with (event.rowIndex == -1)&&(event.columnIndex!=-1)
and saving off the column name.