flex-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: how to setup and use maven-flex-plugin
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:31:00 GMT
You can use FM6 with any FDK you like.

The version you are referring to is the one I compiled FM6 against when releasing it. So if
you don't explicitly override the FDK version by adding the compiler and framework dependencies
in the version you like, FM will fallback to this.

I guess the szenario where you deploy a mavenized FDK and then re-deploy it differently will
force you to clean up your old publication first otherwise the repo manager is correctly complaining
that you are trying to replace stuff with different versions.

And there will probably never be a public repo where you can download the entire mavenized
FDKs. We are planning on "automating" the process of downloading missing parts, but a full
deployment to public repos will unfortunately probably never happen :-|

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dan Rollo [mailto:danrollo@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. April 2013 06:33
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: how to setup and use maven-flex-plugin

Hi Fred,

That was a huge help. Thanks!

Adding the new repo containing flexunit (and changing the dep config back to it's original
form) worked great. Project builds, and unit test succeeds.

Now I need to undo the unholy mess I made in our repo: I published a bunch of "fake" 4.6 artifacts/poms
using modifed 4.9.1 poms. I did this because I could not find any place where the 4.6 artifacts
(that FM
6.0.0 was trying to resolve) were publicly published. Maybe you know of another repository
URL I could use?

When I removed the "fake 4.6" artifacts, my project give this error:

[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:6.0.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved:
Failed to collect dependencies for
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:jar:6.0.0 (): Failed to read artifact descriptor
for
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:jar:6.0.0: Failure to find
com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.6.0.23201 in http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of flex-mojos-plugin-repository has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: swc @ line 28, column 16

Notice this: Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.6.0.23201

This error is what led me to think I can't use FM 6 with FDK 4.9.1 (unless I also already
had FDK 4.6). When I put up some fake 4.6 items, things clearly worked, but I really would
like to find a cleaner solution.

Latest pom.xml attached.

Thanks again.
Dan

-----------------------------
Hi Dan,

- The 4.10.0-SNAPSHOT is the one I built on top of the develop branch of the Sdk, indeed,
use the release version you like :)
- There are some issues using the Apache group, so I use the Adobe one to mavenized the Sdk.
- You don't need the adt dependency if your project is not for Air.
- IIRC, for a library, you can declare the playerglobal as external.
- The FU version to use is 4.1.0 and can be found here [1], so, the repo is https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases
and the artifact can be declared like that[2], AFAIK, remove flexmojos-unittest-flexunit4.

Tell me how it goes.

-Fred

[1]
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/flexunit/flexunit/4.1.0/