flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: who Open HTML in the Flex ?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:29:46 GMT

On 3/7/13 2:18 PM, "Alain Ekambi" <jazzmatadazz@gmail.com> wrote:

> 249 USD to display HTML in a web application. Insane.
The author of this component occasionally posts on Apache Flex mailing
lists.  Maybe you can negotiate a deal with him.
> You gotta wonder what Adobe was thinking to not adding a fundamental
> feature like this  inside Flash/Flex
I, for one, did not want to take on the maintenance of HTML/JS code at the
time.

I still have dreams of rendering HTML as Flash display objects.  I posted a
prototype of that years ago and started a re-write just before the big
change.  I think I may actually get back to it as part of the FlexJS stuff
way in the future.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team